Keen to represent local people and their concerns the Wanstead LibDem team have been running a resident survey since the the middle of 2021, the full report can be found by clicking here (PDF).
Particular concerns were raised about local crime and a lack of a visible police presence, also regarding speeding/heavy traffic in a number of residential roads. To help resolve some of these concerns. We have ..
- pressed for a restoration of the Wanstead Village Safer Neighbourhood Team, which does finally seem to be happening :-)
- investigated the Council's apparent lack of action regarding residents previously expressed concerns over road safety, whilst there are some signs that the Council is listening we feel more pressure willl be needed to reach satisfactory resolution to these issues.
Other concerns raised that we have been campaigning on include ..
- the need to improve local recycling rates
- delays in the Whipps Cross Hospital redevelopment
- preventing future flash flooding
- access to Christ Church Green and the proposed kiosk
Do see the attached report for more detail (click here).
We hope to do much more for Wanstead Village residents if elected on May 5 as your councillors :-)
Left to right: Neil Hepworth, Scott Wilding & Crispin Acton,